The aim of Religious Education in ICG is to promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all our pupils.
In the RE department we aim to help pupils:
– Develop an interest and enjoyment of RE.
– Understand how RE is a powerful influence in people’s lives, society and the world.
– Respect, understand and appreciate religious diversity. Showing an awareness of other people’s beliefs and the society they live in.
– Reach their academic potential, promoting a high standard of work and behaviour.
– Explore religious and ethical issues in a safe environment where pupils can ask questions. To develop enquiring minds where they can become sure of their own beliefs and explain them clearly to others.
– To work independently and as a team.
For more information on the subject or any general equiries please click the button to contact the Head of Department, Mrs Dodds.