Health and Social Care
We offer Health and Social Care as a course in school. The GCSE Health and Social Care specification provides opportunities for students to develop a broad knowledge and understanding of what is required for working in the health, social care and early years sectors.
In particular, they learn about:
- human development through the main life stages and age ranges;
- factors affecting health and development, including behavioural, environmental, physical and socio-economic factors;
- how relationships influence social and emotional development;
- how a range of factors influence self-concept;
- major life changes and sources of support;
- how health and social care services meet a range of service users’ needs;
- barriers to health and social care services and how they can be overcome;
- job roles of a range of practitioners and how they apply the values of care in their day-to-day work; and
- the importance of safeguarding in health, social care and early years settings.
For more information on the subject or any general equiries please click the button to contact the Head of Department, Mrs Mullan.