The Maths Department aims to ensure that during their Maths lessons each student will develop the skills to be able to:
- Perform basic numeracy/mathematical skills
- Gain the qualifications needed in his/her chosen career or for entry to Higher or Further Education
- Understand the Maths likely to be encountered in daily adult life
- Experience satisfaction and enjoyment in his/her mathematical achievements
- Obtain his/her best possible results throughout their school career
Maths is important because it is the most widely used subject in the world. Every career uses some types of Maths. Doing Maths helps you to reason and organise complicated situations or problems into clear steps. Therefore by doing Maths students will develop their logical thinking and problem solving skills that are needed in all jobs.
For more information on the subject or any general equiries please click the button to contact the Head of Department, Mrs Sharpe.