New Year 8
Year 8 Induction
New Parents and Carers….
Please click the link to complete the data capture form, providing details on your son/daughter.
Safer Schools NI App
As a parent and carer, the Safer Schools NI App will help you to navigate the digital world that your children and young people live in every day. It will help by giving you the tools to protect the children and young people in your care online.
Downloading the app and registering as an Integrated College Glengormley parent will benefit you because…
- It gives you prompts, updates and warnings about online trends and threats, helping you to stay in the loop with the digital world.
- Find out about fake news, influencers, harmful content and more.
- Get to grips with social media and all the various gaming platforms. Learn the latest buzzwords, the risks they might pose and how to set the best privacy settings for your child or young person.
- You can take an interactive Quick Quiz to track your learning and test your knowledge!
- Find advice on issues such as bullying, image sharing, mental health, consent and healthy relationships.
- Learn how to talk to your child or young person about these issues and find out how you can support them should they face these challenges.
- Receive regular communication from our school on other key issues and information.
Download the app on your device using the following links for the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
Download the app on your phone before our Year 8 Induction evening and we can help you register as an ICG Parent or Carer on the evening.